Bio4Products partners will present on the topic of ‘Bio-based products from fast pyrolsis oil’ on 20 February in our next webinar.
Fast pyrolysis technology can convert a wide range of difficult-to-handle biomass into a clean and uniform bio-oil, which is easy to store and transport.
Most applications have so far focused on the use of pyrolysis oil for energy purposes, but the Horizon 2020 project Bio4Products has developed a technology to divide pyrolysis oil into multiple fractions that could be used for material applications.
Many new products could be developed from pyrolysis oil, and this webinar will introduce some of the latest results from innovative companies and collaborations in Europe. Register via this link.
- Hans Heeres, BTG Biomass Technology Group – Thermochemical fractionation of pyrolysis oil – a recap
- Melike Bayram, Hexion – Resins and moulding compounds from pyrolytic lignin
- Hans Hoydonckx, TransFurans Chemicals – Moulding resins and wood modification formulations from pyrolytic sugars
- Adam Turi, Foreco – FaunaWood – wood modification with wood
- Moderator: James Ling, Greenovate! Europe
The webinar is the third in a series called ‘From biomass to bio-based products’. You can catch up on the previous webinars on biomass and fast pyrolysis here.